New Zealand is at COVID-19 Alert Level 2 and Auckland is at Alert Level 3 from today at midday for three days. The country is focusing on reducing the virus in New Zealand.
What this means in Canterbury:
- Schools and education facilities are open
- Businesses can open premises if they can adhere to strict public health guidelines
- Gatherings and venues are limited to 100 people
- Physical distancing applies in public
- There are government regulations around contact tracing.
- Read more here https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-2/
What this means for you and your community:
- Keep track of who you’ve seen: You can socialise in groups of up to 100 people but keep track of who you’ve seen, where you’ve been and when.
- Continue prayer. Prayers will be held at mosques in groups of up to 100. Seek information from your mosque about what safety measures are in place.
- Talk to your family: Help your family and others in your community stay informed. Offer support with practical tasks.